Thursday 5 November 2015

1st test shoot.

For my first test shoot I decided to shoot on my dslr camera to work out how I wanted to shoot, I used natural lighting for this as I didn't want to images to brightly lit and although I wasn't using my first original idea of cameraless photography I still wanted the images to look dull and grainy. I sat just beside my bedroom window and started to take profile shots. I noticed that the left of my room was quite shaded and decided to try and adjust myself so I was bang in the middle of the light and the shadow.


I turned up the iso and seeing as this was just a practise shot I was happy enough to use this a base for editing. These are just a few of the edits I came up with. 





I used the burn tool to draw over the image, I wanted it to look busy and dark. I was happy with the result and layered the image with the cling film layer that I used for my flower images to see what that would do wo the image. I prefer the b/w images as they are darker, the colour images look slightly orange when darkened. I used a film grain filter and added a darker boarder around the image. I printed it onto acetate, one with the cling film layer, one without and one I printed over a flower image I had edited the day before, it looked busy and chaotic which was what I was trying to capture all this time.

These are the end results. (I forgot to invert the image so they came out like this. I will invert them)







Out of all them the last is by far my favorite. Once I had printed the images out on to acetate I dabbed my finger on one of the prints to make sure it was dry and I liked the effect it made so I started to dab all over the image.  This is it inverted.
I will need to print it again as it is quite grey but overall I am happy with the outcome of today's test shoot. 

my notes from the darkroom:

No comments:

Post a Comment